Thursday, June 11, 2009

McCall's 5137


Oh my gosh! Am I finally caught up?? Is this four or five blog posts in one day? I had fallen seriously behind.

This are my versions of the beloved Duro.
And it is true love.

Quick to make (in one afternoon, after you suss out the bugs with the first draft) and so, so colorful!

This is the cool version:




and this is the warm:




I don't know which I like best, and I think I need to make a neutral version as well---in ivory eyelet or somethin' somethin'.

It's two sizes smaller than my measurements on the package (many people said they were swimming in it if they cut it to match their size) without the sleeve or hem bands, so it would be more flattering and less busy.

I wanted a nice hippie-like sun dress to throw on in a blink of an eye over a swimsuit. Or something to wear to a picnic. Or something I could wear while I take a bike ride! Or even all three in the same day!!

And it is perfect---A little low cut---really needs to be worn with a tank top or slip underneath---but slips are nice anyway.....and I need more of them.

Maybe some 1940's slips should be on the next agenda! There's a rockin' pattern for one from 1945 in the old stash......with matching taps pants.

P.S. It's going to thunderstorm tonight! I love a good thumpest! Don't you???

1 comment:

Catholic Bibliophagist said...

This dress is so cute! But I bet it's another one of those patterns that doesn't look good on those of us who are, um, "under-endowed."