Monday, March 2, 2009

Still kickin!



Okay...it's been brought to my attention that I have not been "musing" as of late. :)
BUT I have been SEWING, which is what's most important afterall.



I'll take much better photos in the next few days....

This blouse needs big red buttons, the skirt needs hemming, and I have 2 more shirts to post as well....but I thought I would put *something* up.

The shirt is from a 1943 pattern,
and the skirt is from 1945...the same one I have been using off and on since day one of this blog. I made it in a lightweight denim this time. The shirt is a simple and soft cotton from Hancocks...
it has little cherries all over it.
I will probably shorten the sleeves a little in the next version I make. It has some nifty little details.....
I love the pockets.
Do you like the mess behind my dummy? I like to root around in my own creative filth.

Russ and I are going on holiday in 3 weeks, and I am making all the clothes I am bringing. I still need a couple more shirts, another dress and a pair of shorts and peddle-pushers, but I am confident I will be able to complete all of it if I work a couple hours every day.

No comments: