Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Too Darn Hot!

That Cole Porter tune has been running thru my head the last few days.
The temps have soared in the PNW, and I am a sweating, lethargic pile of uselessness. :)

My sewing room is the hottest room in the house, and since the weather won't be letting up for another week, I am moving operations downstairs to the dining room table.

What's really sad, however, is the week before my vacation my machine was being serviced. Then I was gone for 8 days. Then I came back to this awful heat.

Excuses, excuses, i know....but I ain't sewn a gosh-durn thing in over a MONTH. And that is ridickerous.

I've got a few thangs lined up though.....and it looks like an excellent week to trace patterns. :)









P.S.

I have been devouring Gloria Swanson's autobiography
"Swanson on Swanson"

and it is delicious.

Out of print now, but I got a copy from amazon for a penny plus shipping.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, lovely patterns.

Packrat said...

Wow, I know about the heat. 106 in Portland and supposed to be over a 100 in Seattle. UGH. Luckily, for us it was actually a little cooler than last week.

Anyway, love the patterns, especially the bottom two.

Nancy said...

I love all these patterns, but I think my favorite is the second one. But maybe it's just the polka dots...I'm a sucker for polka dots.

The first and second one have an interesting collar shape I haven't seen before; the rounded lower "lobe" and the minimal (or non-existent) upper "lobe." That's a new one for me!

Love 'em!

Missy said...

gasp...those patterns are amazing! I can't wait to see them made up.